Its in the Bible, Corinthians 13:4-7, TLB but I heard it read in a movie one time and it really struck me.
Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out.
This is so true and yet, I know for a fact that I have been guilty of doing it wrong?
- Boastful or proud (guilty)
- Selfish or rude (guilty)
- Demanding my own way (guilty)
- Irritable or touchy (double guilty)
- Holding grudges (hate to admit it, but I do that sometimes, yes…. guilty)
- Hardly even notices when others do it wrong (oh, I notice)
- Glad about injustice (if something bad happened to someone I loved, I would not be happy about it.)
- Rejoices when truth wins out (I’m happy when that happens)
So basically I’ve been doing it wrong. Yet, there are people in my life who still love me. Wow, I sure am lucky. =)